A 2-day mini-course with Ethan and Special Guest Dr. Steven Antonoff
Wednesday, May 17th & 24th
4-6:00pm Pacific Time (7-9:00pm Eastern)
The Mission: Identifying colleges where you will both get in and fit in.
The Method: Four hours of expert list-building advice.
Join me and Dr. Antonoff to discuss finding colleges that meet your academic goals, social goals, financial goals, and more.
This comprehensive, three-hour pay-what-you-can mini-course—intended for 9th to 11th graders and their families—will guide you through pretty much all the things you need to know when it comes to finding great college options.
- The Building Blocks of College List Creation: knowledge of yourself, what you are looking for in a college, and awareness of college options
- How student and parent attitudes can help (or hinder) finding good college options
- Step-by-step approaches to articulating what you are really looking for in a college
- Methods of going beyond the words (small, isolated, value, Greek, major, etc.) to hone in on what matters most in finding college choices where you will thrive
- How to determine whether a particular college will be welcoming to you
- How to gauge how generous colleges will be when it comes to financial aid
- Ways to research colleges. How to separate the signal from the noise
- Admission office secrets — uncovering what goes on behind closed doors
- How to be sure you have enough backup schools on your list
You’ll leave with a list of insights into yourself that you can share with your counselor after the mini-course.
Note: We record the live sessions. Recordings will be uploaded and located inside the course.