A mini-course with Ethan and Special Guest Dr. Steven Antonoff
The Mission: crafting a great college list for each of your students.
The Method: A mini-course covering the latest list-building methods and techniques.
Building expert college lists for your students is one of your most essential tasks. Learn tips and accomplish this task efficiently and effectively. We can all do a better job.
Let's talk about the latest strategies and tactics in pulling together student needs in the academic area, social sphere, and affordability.
Spend three hours with me and Dr. Steve Antonoff to craft informed, appealing, even outside-of-the-box college lists for your students.
- The Building Blocks of College List Creation: knowledge of your student, what your student is looking for in a college, and awareness of college options
- How to use 'Qualities that will make a college right for you' to help narrow down choices for students
- Exploring the Axes for Comparing and Contrasting Colleges
- The vital role of the counselor as an attitude change agent
- Best ways of bringing your wisdom to the college list building table
- Ways to describe admission categories (and alternatives to "reach," and "backup")
- Helping students know what college planning resources are best. How to separate the noise from the substance in college admission websites, books, etc.
- Helping students determine whether a particular college will be welcoming to them
- Lots more